Adding a new color to your wig collection can be a fun way to spice up your look. One of the best parts of wearing wigs is that you can easily change up your hair color or style whenever you want to. If you only have one or two wigs, it may be time to grow your collection. If you already have a collection of wigs, adding a new color wig gives you even more freedom and flexibility when it comes to styling your hair and creating stunning looks.
Should You Have Multiple Wigs?
Having a collection of wigs in your wardrobe allows you to alternate wig types, colors, or styles depending on what you are doing on any particular day. If you are questioning whether or not you should add a new wig to your collection, consider these ideas.
● Having wigs in different styles and colors provides the flexibility to change your look as often as you’d like. Wear a natural-looking wig to work and swap it for a bold, fun wig for a night out.
● Do you often go to the gym, hike, work outside, or do other activities where you work up a sweat? If so, an extra synthetic wig is a good idea. Synthetic wigs are lighter and better for workout activities.
● How busy are you? If you don’t have the time to style your wig every day, having multiple wigs in different styles helps you save time and look great.
Seasoned wig wearers recommend that to look and feel great for every occasion, you should have at least one wig in each of these four types:
1. A casual everyday hairstyle
2. One lace front natural hair
3. A special occasion hairstyle
4. One synthetic wig
Choosing a New Color Wig
The sky is the limit when it comes to choosing a new color wig for your collection. You can find wigs online or in boutiques in any color you want. First, you should decide if you want your new wig to be a bold or natural color.
If you want to show off your personality with a bold color, then what’s most important is that you choose a wig color that reflects your personality and makes you feel beautiful and confident. Red hair colors are popular this year, try a ruby red if you’re feeling bold.
There are a ton of options for those who prefer natural colors too. You can always choose a wig that is similar to your natural color or up to two shades lighter or darker. Consider what colors look best with your skin tone and eye color. If you need some inspiration, look through magazines or style websites. Popular natural colors this year include auburn reds, creamy blondes, and golden browns.
For help choosing a new color wig, you can also visit your local wig salon and consult an expert stylist. Wig-A-Do salon in Mt. Laurel has one of the largest wig collections in the area where you can find wigs in every color.