Pixie-style wigs are a fantastic way to rock a bold, chic new look without the commitment of a dramatic haircut. Pixie-style wigs are easily available because of their increased popularity. They are popular for a good reason – they make you look good! They’re versatile, low maintenance, and incredibly trendy.
To find a pixie-style wig that suits you, you should check out Wig-A-Do’s wide variety of choices. Our trained stylists can have you sporting the adorable look in no time.
The History of the Pixie Style
Growing out of the bob hair trend of the 1920s, the pixie style haircut came to real prominence in the 1950s. It was popularized by actresses like Audrey Hepburn who boldly rejected the long hairstyles expected from actresses of the day.
In the mid to late 60’s the pixie style became iconic with the help of famous supermodel Twiggy and actress Mia Farrow who defiantly gave herself a very short pixie cut for the movie Rosemary’s Baby. The pixie style became a symbol of non-conformity and empowerment.
Although long hair became more popular in the ’70s and ’80s, the look returned to the mainstream in the 90’s on the heads of actresses like Wynona Ryder and, most famously, Princess Diana. By the 2000’s the pixie cut had become a standard go-to style and a lovely look for women of all ages.
Try These Trendy Pixie Style Wigs
Today, you can find pixie cuts in a variety of shapes, styles, and colors. If you’re not sure if you can pull off the pixie look, luckily, wigs allow you to experiment with these shorter styles until you find the perfect look.
Considering one of these pixie-style wigs on trend for 2023:
● Asymmetrical pixie bob
● Pixie with full bangs
● Platinum blonde pixie cut
● Layered and tousled pixie style
● Short gray or silver pixie
● Dark brown shaggy pixie cut
Benefits of Pixie Style Wigs
In addition to being bold and beautiful, our wigs have other significant benefits.
● They require less styling: You don’t have to bother with styling tools or even brushing with short wigs. Simply, run your fingers through with a little styling product and you’re good to go.
● More comfortable: Because there is less hair, short wigs are lightweight, cool, and comfortable to wear. For an even lighter wig with a more natural feel, choose a natural human hair wig.
● Easy Maintenance: Short wigs are easy to wash, dry quickly, and require fewer hair products.
● Last longer: Short wigs tend to have a longer lifespan because they experience less damage from styling and using heated tools.
● Affordable: Short wigs are often considerably cheaper than longer-length wigs. They also require less washing and fewer products, making them cheaper to maintain.
See the Styling Experts of Wig-a-Do
If you’re looking for a new wig style, whether it’s short, medium-length, or long wavy locks, the stylists at Wig-A-Do can help you create an entirely new look. With nearly 50 years of expertise and one of the largest wig selections in the area, we take pride in finding the perfect style, color, and fit to best suit your needs.
To schedule an appointment with our expert stylists call Wig-A-Do at (856) 235-3534.