Styling wigs with extensions gives you the ability to style your wig with many different looks. And did you know adding extensions can give you a style that’s uniquely yours?
Using different types of extensions, you can add highlights, color, fullness, and length to your wig.
Types of Hair Extensions
You can get synthetic hair extensions and extensions made from human hair. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
• Synthetic Hair Extensions can look great, but they don’t look as natural as real hair extensions. They will also melt under high heat, so you can’t use curling or straightening irons on them. Synthetic hair extensions come in a wide array of colors, so a more exotic look is available if that’s what you want.
Synthetic hair extensions are also less expensive. You can get a fresh style with less money by wearing synthetic hair extensions.
• Real Hair Extensions look like natural hair because they’re made from human hair. You can style, curl, straighten, color, or perm real hair extensions. Although for best results, you should leave coloring and perming your real hair extensions to a professional stylist. Though more expensive than synthetic extensions, they have a greater range for styling options
• Clip in Hair Extensions clip into your wig and are the best choice if you want something temporary and quick.
• Glue in Hair Extensions are glued into the wig with a special heat gun. This is the choice for you if you want a longer-lasting solution. Glued in real hair extensions on a real hair wig behave just like real hair and you can comb, style, and curl it. Glue in hair extensions can also be removed by reheating the glue and removing the extension.
How to Style Your Wig with Extensions
1. Put your wig on a wig stand.
2. Most wigs are made, so the hair is sewed in rows. Decide where to put the extension and pull the hair back to find the row. Comb the hair back and use a hair clip to keep it out of the way.
3. Line up the extension where you want it to go. Push the comb in and clip it in place. (We recommend having glue-in extensions put in by a professional stylist.)
4. Blend the extension into the rest of the hair.
5. Style the wig to help blend the hair and give it a natural appearance.
6. Style real hair wigs by blow-drying, curling, or straightening for the most flattering look.
How to Get the Look of Real Hair
Styling wigs by adding extensions can help you get the look, style, and confidence you want from your wig. It does take some time to learn how to style wigs like a pro, but with some practice, you can make wigs that look natural and make you feel great.
If you have any questions about styling wigs and extensions or would like our professional stylists to do it for you, contact Wig-A-Do. Call us at (856) 235-3534.